When it’s Ok to say the A Word! That’s right…Accountability! Today’s Real Estate Professional needs an accountability partner more than ever before. There are fewer transactions, tougher transactions and wary consumers. Why not have a partner that will look out for your best interests. Personal business coaching is the key to an agents success in good times and bad. Weekly, Bi-Weekly and Monthly sessions will help the real estate professional stay on track. Here are 6 key reasons to engage a business coach.
1. They take a personal interest in your success You have heard it said many times that success breeds success. Your coach is only as successful as his customer.
2. Measurable Progress The best coaches will use some form of a tracking sheet or software program. This allows both you and the coach to track the number of contacts, appointments and contracts on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis. This is very helpful to stay on task and not miss an opportunity to convert that new client to a sales contract.
3. Push the restart button Did your business stall out this year? Did you hit a slump? Working with a coach helps you stay on track and focus on the key business generating and sales activities that assures you success.
4. “If you fail to plan, plan to fail” We have all heard this one before, midyear business review and of course annual business planning sets the foundation from which to work on and strive for over the next year.
5. Outside looking in Sometimes we get caught up in the drama and stress of a transaction. It helps for your coach to be able to look over every aspect of your business and guide your energy in the right direction.
6. Subconscious Accountability If you know your coach is going to ask you how you are tracking on your goals and objective you are more likely to achieve them knowing subconsciously that you have to report back to him on your performance status.
Brian Houston is the Principal Managing Broker for Coldwell Banker Seal Properties – Uptown Branch Portland, Oregon. Brian meets with his agents weekly, bi-weekly or monthly helping them to meet or exceed their business goals. These coaching sessions are free to his agents and are a valuable tool to the success of his office