Did you know the Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity Store accepts donations of new or gently used building materials, furniture, appliances, and hardware that are clean and in 100% working condition?
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing affordable homeownership opportunities to families in need and eliminating substandard housing in our community. Your donation to the Habitat Store is tax-deductible. In addition, by donating items to the Store you are providing our community with a source of low-cost goods while also reducing the quantity of material going into landfills.
You may drop off your donations during business hours or arrange for a free pickup. Please call the Store at 253-779-8149 if you have questions about donations or to schedule a pick up. The Tacoma location is a S. Tacoma Way.
There are some restrictions so a call ahead is recommended. Free donation pickup: The Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity Store now offers free donation pick up on Saturdays in Tacoma, Lakewood, and University Place. Items they always love to receive include:
- Cabinets – Must have all drawers and doors attached with no water damage
- Vanities – Must have all doors and drawers attached; no damage; if counter top and sink are attached they must be in good condition
- Tools – Power tools must be in working condition
- Furniture – Clean, with no rips or tears
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Appliances (please call for criteria) – Appliances must be clean, in good working condition, and have all parts
- Household items – Dishes, pictures, lamps, etc. (call if in doubt)
- Paint Supplies – Unused brushes, trays, etc.; but unfortunately not paint
So think about it. A remodel for you, a tax deductible donation, stuff stays out of the landfill and finds a new worthy home! It’s a win-win, how often does that happen?