Reaching your Goals in 2011
The first quarter of 2011 has officially passed and you are probably asking yourself where did the time go? The observation to make now is am I on track to achieve my goals or am I behind? If you are currently on track to meet your goals then congratulations on your success. If you are behind there is still time to regroup and charge forward.
Here are 6 goal setting and business generating suggestions to help you take charge of your business and move forward through 2011.
- Schedule – Do you have prospecting time scheduled? If you do not then time will pass you quickly and you have not had the chance to talk to new prospects. Schedule time first thing in the morning before you get distracted by the typical industry distractions.
- Goals – Set reachable goals. Number of appointments, calls or lunches
- Write your goals down – just the process of writing your goals down will subconsciously help you conduct business generating activities
- Tell someone about your goals – Once you announce your goals it is public knowledge and you may just have to do the necessary behaviors to achieve them
- Sphere of influence – Real Estate is a contact sport. When was the last time you had coffee or lunch with your most prized clients. Book 3 coffee or lunch appointments a week over the next 3 months and you will generate referrals
- Market Statistics – Do you know the Top 3? You should always know day’s one market, average sales price and absorption rate. Knowing your market statistics will quickly lend you credibility when asked “How is the market”?
Whether you are on track to meet your goals or behind you will find that getting back to the basics of goal setting and the act of meeting with clients will help assure a successful 2011 and beyond. It may seem difficult to get the momentum started again but little to big successes will help you get back into the groove. As soon as you experience those little to big accomplishments don’t stop but keep pressing forward and 2011 will be your year of achievement.